3D Halloween decorations
A higher output 12mm gun is perfect for filling silicone moulds, creating these fun 3D decorations.
You will need:
- 12mm glue gun
- 12mm assorted colour glue sticks (depending on what your moulds are, and what you’re making)
- Tec mat
- Silicone Halloween-themed mould
- Black permanent marker
- Choose your coloured glue sticks depending on your mould (we’re making some pumpkins, a ghost, a skull and a bat, so have chosen orange, black and white, with a little gold thrown in). Whichever colour you’re going for, insert a glue stick into your glue gun and switch it on. Let your gun heat up to operating temperature.
- Next, place the tec mat on your work surface and then put your chosen mould on top of the mat.
- Fill the mould with glue so that you cover all the areas that contain any details, but you don’t need to fill the mould all the way to the top.
- Allow the glue to cool and then you can carefully pop out your character.
- Pick out any details using your marker so that facial features or embossed or depressed areas stand out.
- You can try using extra colours to give your designs a twist, or why not add a cord and turn them into hanging decorations?